Gaeltec Utilities Ltd wishes to recruit a motivated and energetic professional wishing to expand their professional development and seek an exciting opportunity within a growing business operating in the Energy and Renewable Market.
The successful candidate will join an experienced international team of multi-disciplinary experts to deliver EPC contracts. Working from the company headquarters in Kilkenny, the successful candidate will become a key member involved in numerous projects nationwide working as a senior electrical engineer reporting directly to the project manager.
This role will include the following key activities:
- Partake in effective designs which conform to all codes of practice and industry standards in Substation Design and Build projects up to 220kV.
- Support the Electrical Engineering department in the delivery of electrical designs.
- Ensure the management and coordination throughout all phases of the Projects, from Engineering, to the Procurement and Construction.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Construction Quality Assurance.
- Prepare necessary project reports
- Assist with tender and contract documentation including specifications, bills of quantities and drawings where required.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5+ year’s electrical engineering experience
- Electrical Substation Design is essential
- Experience with ESB and Eirgrid specifications, from medium voltage up to 220 kV is an advantage.
- Project Management Experience is of an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Full Driver’s license
If you wish to be considered for this position please forward your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.