Gaeltec Utilities Ltd wishes to recruit a motivated and energetic professional wishing to expand their professional development and seek an exciting opportunity within a growing business operating in the Energy and Renewables Market.
The successful candidate will join an experienced international team of multi-disciplinary experts to deliver several contracts. Operating Nationwide, the successful candidate will be responsible for the H&S function on a number of OHL construction projects and sites. The successful candidate will become a key member involved in numerous projects nationwide reporting directly to the Health & Safety Manager.
This role will include the following key activities:
The Safety Officer will be required to take ownership of safety related tasks, as assigned by the Safety Manager and Project Manager, and deliver on these tasks within agreed time frames.
- Ensure the management and coordination of safety throughout all phases of the Projects, from Engineering, to the Procurement and Construction.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Prepare necessary project reports
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.
- Develop and assist with compilation of Work Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Promote Safety Culture
- Attend Monthly Progress Meetings
- Attend Supervisor Team Briefings – Promote a Safety Culture amongst the team
- Support the Project Managers generally on health and safety matters as required
- Accident / Incident Investigations
- Site Audits to monitor compliance with legislative, process and safety standard requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A relevant third level Qualification in Health & Safety
- A minimum of 3 years proven construction site work experience
- Must have previously worked on construction sites in a Safety Officer Role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Full Drivers Licence