Contract: 1 year with review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec is a leading company operating in the Energy and Telecommunication sectors. We are working as a joint venture on the roll-out of the next phase of its fibre broadband network across Ireland.
We are seeking a creative, highly motivated and innovative Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with engineers and subcontractors.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget, a Cost Monitoring and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Collaborate with clients, engineers, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
- On site valuations and progress reports
- Monthly cost/value reports and management accounts
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
To be considered for the Quantity Surveyor position you will Ideally have the following:
- Quantity Surveying: 2 years (preferred)
- Working with contractors: 2 years (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- Adept with principal civils methods of measurement and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with excellent standard of written and verbal English.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com