Contract: 1 year
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Fibre Splicer and Network Certifier to work within the Telecoms Department. We are working as a joint venture on the roll-out of the next phase of its fibre broadband network across Ireland. As a successful Fibre Splicer, you will be responsible for the preparation and splicing of Fibre optic cable. You have a good working knowledge of the telecommunications network structure, familiarity with the fibre optical cable, and ability to read and analyze data.
- Execute the Work Pack according with the Supervisor Instructions.
- Assure Health and Safety rules are followed by all workers complying with MESC’s, code of practice, method statements and HSA regulations.
- Perform pre-work Safety Risk Assessment.
- Assure site workspace is with housekeeping in perfect conditions.
- Assure that all exclusions zones and traffic management is correctly performed and accordingly with regulations.
- Assure all works are performed within customer quality requirements.
- Assure all works are performed within customer technical guidelines and procedures.
- Assure all members of the team have a good behaviour towards the public.
- Report near misses and good catches.
- Report production by procedures stablished by company policies.
- Report and escalate to Site Supervisor as needed.
To be considered for the Fibre Splicer position you will Ideally have the following:
- Proven work experience as a Splicer or similar role.
- Proficiency in Understand and Read Splicing Schedules along with the FTTH Network Project.
- Hands-on experience with EXFO or Viavi Equipment’s for Testing IOLM and OLTS.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Ability to work as team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com