Location: South East Area
Contract: 1 Year with a review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Patroller (Surveyor) for the Telecoms Department to perform FTTH survey on the ESB Networks, working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland (NBI), with reporting to the Design Department.
This role involves independent working and using your own initiative. Being able to manage your own time is essential. You will be required to walk long distances on the City Street and some access to fields.
- Identify major issues in the network OH/UG on LV/MV Network.
- Identify cable sizes and duct sizes on OH and UG Network.
- Collect Data with Internal APP for which there will be training.
- Deal with any customers queries related to the work, as above.
- Responsible for self and colleagues’ compliance to Health and Safety.
- Analyse the best routes/ways to feed Premises with Fibre Overhead, Underground or Façade.
- Escalate all queries with the Design Department for analysis and changes of the Design.
To be considered for a Patroller (Surveyor) role, you will Ideally have the following:
- 1 year experience ESB network preferred not mandatory.
- Previous experience on Survey for FTTH Telecoms is preferred.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (walking and standing for long periods).
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must understand the English language both written and spoken.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Commitment to Health and Safety.
- Experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.