Contract: 1 Year, with review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a number of Line workers on the overhead distribution and transmission department. The primary role of a Line worker is to install, maintain and repair high-powered electrical lines and systems. A Line worker works on both transmission and distribution lines that originate from a power plant and extend to individual buildings or homes. To ensure that the Company takes all reasonable measures to provide a safe working environment for its employees, the general public, contractors and visitors.
- Working as a Line worker on the OHL Electricity you will be responsible for day-to-day operational outputs.
- Drive utility vehicles to work sites.
- Climb poles to service power lines.
- Service transmission and distribution lines from power plants to buildings.
- Install electrical equipment for power systems.
- Repair aboveground and below-ground power lines.
- Maintain power lines through regular inspections.
- Reporting directly to your PICW, you must be goal orientated, a team player and determined to succeed in all aspects of the OHL work.
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks, as instructed by your PICW.
- Take part in team briefs and tool box talks.
- Adhere to the safety rules as set out by the Company and its Client.
- Have an ongoing determination to complete the work on time and to the specified requirements.
- You will be competent in the completing your dally tasks.
- You will take proper care of all tools/equipment/PPE and vehicles supplied to you by the company and report any defects found.
- You will always deal with the public in a courteous manner and keep the company’s integrity in good stead.
- Ensure job site follows government and company safety rules.
To be considered for a Line worker role, you will Ideally have the following:
- 2+ years’ work experience as line worker or proven track record of working on OHL works preferred.
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (walking and standing for long periods)
- Available to work shifts, evenings, weekends and on short notice.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions.
- Must have an understanding of the English language.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Commitment to Health and Safety.
- Optional knowledge of electricity consumption and power engineering
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.