Position: Person in Charge of Poling (PICP)
Contract: 1-year fixed term with review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Person in Charge of Poling (PICP) within the Overheads Lines Department. With experience of construction and all relevant qualifications are essential. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, company transportation provided from base location.
Responsible for undertaking pole installation and replacement in conjunction with the lines crews. Work as a team member and taking responsibility for health, safety and daily welfare.
- Support Crew by having a pro-active attitude towards all tasks and be able to give clear instructions;
- Overall supervision of the installation and removal of poles, including dressing new poles;
- Ensuring all works are completed in accordance with Health & Safety;
- Complete daily Risk Assessment;
- Record all plant and equipment checks;
- Work with Lines Crew to ensure a safe working site;
- Ensure works are always carried out in an efficient and diligent manner;
- Adhere to company policies and procedures;
- Report all incidents near miss/good catch in line with the company reporting procedures;
- Ensure that all relevant site documentation is completed and communicated to all persons on site for the task at hand on a daily basis;
- Perform all works according with Company and Client Health and Safety rules, MESC’s, codes of practice, method statements and HSA regulations;
- Be an active part on performing the pre-work Safety Risk Assessment and Job Site Safety Plan;
- Ensure Good Catches and Near Misses are reported promptly;
- You will be responsible to take proper care of all tools/equipment/PPE and vehicles supplied to you by the company and report any defects found;
- Assure to be always presentable as part of the company’s image, have a likable attitude towards your colleagues, customer representatives and members of the public;
- Assure site work space is in line with good housekeeping conditions;
- Assure all works are performed within Company and Client quality, procedures, and technical requirements;
- Report challenges, safety issues to the PICW/ Supervisor;
- Support all teams on site in helping to solve complex works;
- Take part in training, team briefings and tool box talks;
The role will require you to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for to cover out of hours works i.e., weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, you must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
To be considered for the PICP position you will Ideally have the following:
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work at various customer sites.
- Excellent communication and time skills.
- Must understand and speak English language.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Available to work shifts, evenings, weekends and on short notice.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the task at hand.
- Commitment to health and safety.
- Experience of construction essential.
- Relevant qualifications essential, (Manual Handling and Safe Pass)
- Relevant CSCS qualifications, (LUGS, SLG, etc)
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.