Database Manager – NBI
Contract: 1 Year fixed term with review
Overview of role:
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Gaeltec Utilities! We are seeking two Database Managers with the experienced in developing databases and systems using APIs to work within the Telecoms Department, at our head office, Kilkenny. We are working in partnership with the National Broadband Ireland with the plan to deploy fibre broadband network across Ireland.
Applicants must be legally authorised to work in Ireland for any employer without sponsorship.
- Development and implementation of business solutions communicating with ArcGIS systems;
- Analysis and conceptualization of solutions that integrate geodatabases and databases from the company and the client;
- Ensure the security, timely update and precise use of the internal databases;
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements;
- Support to various business areas within the company;
- Ability to conceptualize architectures, design and maintain relational database structures;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to understand, analyse and optimize information flows that support business needs and processes;
- Ability to interact with other departments of the project and develop transversal database solutions for their needs;
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with all team members and managers of the project and create a good comradeship;
- Autonomy and responsibility in the development of work;
- Experienced in developing databases and systems using APIs;
- Ability to create, implement and manage databases;
- Analysing existing databases and clients’ data needs to develop effective systems;
- Knowledge of database languages in a business environment: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, mySQL, SQLite, other relevant;
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security & monitoring);
- Knowledge of ETL and BI tools;
- Fluent level of English (oral and written);
- Experienced in developing databases in the area of Geographic Information Systems using APIs;
- Capable to convert large databases to analysis-friendly configuration;
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com.
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com.