HGV Driver/HIAB Operator
Contract: 1 year with review ongoing
Overview of role:
The primary role of the HGV Driver/HIAB Operator is safe loading, transportation and delivery of Telecom equipment to site. To ensure that the Company takes all reasonable measures to provide a safe working environment for its employees, the public, contractors, and visitors.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Operate an HGV articulated Hiab vehicle, loading, transporting, and other equipment to various locations.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe manner and always maintaining security.
- Operate Crane load / unload Plant (Diggers & Trac Machines etc) and equipment.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection records are accurately maintained.
- Assisting in planning next day deliveries.
- Stop and report any situation that you deem to be a danger to yourself or others. Report immediately any hazardous conditions to those responsible and keep records of all such inspections and hazards.
- Be an excellent ambassador to Gaeltec and do not bring the company into disrepute by poor behaviour or being a discourteous driver.
- Comply with any Legal Requirements, including Drivers’ Hours, recording of work, and driving in the logbook, and Working Time regulations.
- Check the vehicle is safe, legal, and roadworthy before it is driven.
- Ensure the vehicle is not overloaded.
- Carry out a walkaround check before the vehicle is used, record any findings, and submit a report, including a ‘Nil’ defect if defects are not found.
- Develop skills and knowledge to ensure safe, legal, and efficient driving.
- Ensuring that all appropriate PPE is available and used.
- Be flexible to carry out manual yard duties as and when required.
To be considered for the HGV Driver/HIAB Operator position you will Ideally have the following:
Driver Tacho Card and up-to-date CPC required
- One-year previous driving experience with Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) preferred
- Valid Class C, E & W Driver’s License required
- HIAB Certification
- Crane operation experience a distinct advantage
- Operate Crane, Ability to load / unload Plant (Diggers & Trac Machines etc) and equipment
- Experience or strapping and securing loads
- Pole Grab experience (Essential)
- Min 1yrs HIAB exp
- Manual Handling Certificate (Preferred)
- Safe Pass (Preferred)
- CSCS (Preferred)
- Some exposure to working in a Utilities Company (Desirable)
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing, in English
- Good work ethic and a positive, professional attitude
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com