Location: Ireland, nationwide depending on project requirements
Contract: 1 year rolling
Overview of role:
Gaeltec is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Electrician (Substations) to join our teams across Ireland.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical equipment in Electrical Substations.
- Installations of Transformers, MV and HV Switchgear (indoor and outdoor), Protection Panels, AC & DC & related instrumentation.
- Install and terminate Cable LV/MV/HV (indoor and outdoor).
- Installs and pre-commissioning control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Install and level steel structures for electrical apparatus (indoor and outdoor)
- Install conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between panels.
- Pre-commissioning works – Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Understand circuit diagrams and perform troubleshooting.
- Assemble and install electrical panels, wire harnesses, and other electrical equipment.
- Assist and complete installation, modification, and repair on high voltage distribution systems such as switchgear, transformers, circuit boards.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Construction Quality Assurance.
To be considered for the Electrician (Substations) position you will Ideally have the following:
- Knowledge of AC and DC systems
- RECI or ECSSA certified electrician, Electrical Substation experience is a plus
- Craft card
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience is desirable
- Experience with ESB and Eirgrid environments is a plus
- Medium and High Voltage experience is plus
- Full clean driving licence
You do not need to be an expert in Substations, as comprehensive training will be provided.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com