Location: Arklow/South East Area
Contract: 1 year with a review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Fibre Installer within our growing Telecoms Team to work throughout Ireland, with the first phase being within the South East area. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, company transportation provided from base location.
- Responsible for the stringing of fibre cables underground and overhead on Telecom poles.
- Meet defined production targets.
- Follow instruction from the Crew Leader/Team Leader.
- To ensure the safety of yourself, the workforce, public and any other person affected by your duties and responsibilities.
- To follow task briefings and appropriate safe systems of work and ensure that Company policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Complete all training as identified by the company.
- Ad hoc duties that may arise.
To be considered for the Fibre Installer position you will Ideally have the following:
- Experience in the installation of fibre cables by pulling or blowing cables through subduct or existing ducted sections.
- Experience with overhead and underground Fibre.
- Experience in understanding and following, build maps.
- Manual Handling and Safe Pass qualifications preferred but not essential.
- MEWP certification preferred but not essential.
- Must have an understanding of the English language.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, etc).
- Commitment to health and safety.
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com