Location: Ayrshire / South Caledonia.
Main Purpose of Job:
The primary role of the HGV Driver/HIAB Operator is safe loading/unloading, transportation and delivery of Poles and other equipment to site.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To promote, develop and maintain a positive Companywide health, safety and environmental culture.
- Driving responsibilities regarding safety and following the Highway Code.
- Comply with any Legal Requirements, including Drivers’ Hours, recording of work, and driving in the logbook, and Working Time regulations.
- Check the vehicle is safe, legal, and roadworthy before it is driven.
- Ensure the vehicle is not overloaded.
- Carry out a walkaround check before the vehicle is used, record any findings and submit a report, including a ‘Nil’ defect if defects are not found.
- Complete any forms or other documentation issued by your employer. This includes permissions to access certain personal data required for safe operation, including access to online driver licence checks.
- Develop skills and knowledge to ensure safe, legal, and efficient driving.
- Adhere to the safety rules as set out by the Company and its Client.
- To operate a HGV Hiab vehicle, loading, transporting and delivering Poles and other equipment to various locations.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe manner and maintaining security at all times;
- Assisting in planning next day deliveries;
- Complete a Pre and Post operation vehicle check;
- Team working skills.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline.
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Good work Ethic;
- Experience of strapping and securing loads;
- Pole Grab experience (Essential);
- Min 1yrs HIAB exp;
- Clean License (Desirable);
- Some exposure to working in a Utilities Company (Desirable);
- Valid Full Driver CPC + Digi Tachograph Card (Desirable).
- HGV License Class C1, and C1E
- Driver CPC Qualification
- CSCS or equivalent (Desirable)
- HIAB Certification
To apply for a position with Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd, please apply directly by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you don’t see you don’t see a suitable job role advertised. Please send me your CV for consideration and brief description of what you’re looking for and we will respond.
Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd, is a Licenced sponsor and can support Visa applications to work for our Company in the UK. If you are a Skilled Worker, have English language to a B1 level and would like to work in the UK please send your CV to email@example.com