Contract: 1 year with review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a creative, highly motivated and innovative Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with engineers and subcontractors.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget, a Cost Monitoring and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Collaborate with clients, engineers, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
- On site valuations and progress reports.
- Monthly cost/value reports and management accounts.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
To be considered for the Junior Quantity Surveyor position you will Ideally have the following:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in same or similar role (Must be Construction based).
- Outgoing, Enthusiastic, Self-Motivated, Good attitude & desire to learn.
- Ability to work on their own initiative & willingness to be a able to work as part of a team.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in English (both verbal and written) communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com