Machine Operator – Kilkenny
Contract: 1-year fixed term with review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Machine Operator within the Overheads Lines Department. With experience of construction and all relevant CSCS qualifications are essential. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, company transportation provided from base location (Kilkenny).
- Support Crew/Team leader by having a pro-active attitude towards all tasks and follow their instructions;
- Ensure that all documentation related to the machine is always present, site and up to date;
- Completion of daily/weekly documentation;
- Perform all works according with Company and Client Health and Safety rules, MESC’s, codes of practice, method statements and HSA regulations;
- Be an active part on performing the pre-work Safety Risk Assessment and Job Site Safety Plan;
- Ensure Good Catches and Near Misses are reported promptly;
- You will be responsible to take proper care of all tools/equipment/PPE and vehicles supplied to you by the company and report any defects found;
- Ensure to be always presentable as part of the company’s image, have a likable attitude towards your colleagues, customer representatives and members of the public;
- Ensure site work space is in line with good housekeeping conditions;
- Ensure all works are performed within Company and Client quality, procedures, and technical requirements;
- Report challenges, safety issues to the PICW/ Supervisor;
- Support all teams on site in helping to solve complex works;
- Take part in training, team briefings and toolbox talks.
To be considered for the Machine Operator position you will Ideally have the following:
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work at various customer sites.
- Excellent communication and time skills.
- Must understand and speak English language.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Available to work shifts, evenings, weekends and on short notice.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the task at hand.
- Commitment to health and safety.
- Experience of construction essential.
- Relevant CSCS qualifications essential.
- Manual Handling and Safe Pass qualifications.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.