Contract: 1 year with a review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking a Line worker – Fibre Installer within the Telecom department. The primary role of a Line worker is to install Fibre and all the furniture involved on ESB OH Lines LV and MV on the Telecoms Department For Fibre Deployment Client.
- To promote, develop and maintain a positive Companywide health, safety and environmental culture.
- Stop and report any situation that you deem to be a danger to yourself or others. Report immediately any hazardous conditions to those responsible and keep records of all such inspections and hazards.
- Working as a Linesman on the OHL Electricity you will be responsible for day-to-day operational outputs.
- Reporting directly to your PICW, you must be goal orientated, a team player and determined to succeed in all aspects of the OHL work.
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks, as instructed by your chargehand or by your Supervisor.
- Take part in team briefs and tool box talks.
- Adhere to the safety rules as set out by the Company and its Client.
- Have an ongoing determination to complete the work on time and to the specified requirements.
- You will be competent in the completing your dally tasks. paperwork required, (Permits) to control the network that you and all team members will be working on, at any given time.
- You will take proper care of all tools/equipment/PPE and vehicles supplied to you by the company and report any defects found.
- You will deal with the public in a courteous manner at all times and keep the company’s integrity in good stead.
To be considered for the Line worker or accredited Overhead Level 1 Siro position you will Ideally have the following:
- At least 2 years experience as a Linesman working on ESB Lines
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
- Proven track record of working on OHL works
- Knowledge of ESB OHL build and an in depth understanding of the Permit to work procedures
- All the Trainings for a Linesman as example:
- Mewp Ticket
- Scan Trepo Pole
- Pole Check
- Pole Top Rescue
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com