Location: Multiple Locations
Contract: 1 year with a review
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities are seeking Underground Technician Level 3 within the Telecoms Team to work throughout Ireland. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, travel expenses provided. As crew leader, this resource will be part of the site production staff, responsible for the leading UG Crews within civils, ducting and UGL works., Reporting directly to Site Supervisor.
- Support and lead crew members by explaining correctly daily activities;
- Assure the crew has all materials, equipment’s and PPE’s to perform their daily activities;
- Assure that all crew members are on site with all Safety personal documentation and training certs;
- Assure Health and Safety rules are followed by all workers complying with MESC’s, code of practice, method statements and HSA regulations;
- Perform pre-work Safety Risk Assessment;
- Design and Implement Job Site Safety Plan accordingly with Risk assessment performed;
- Assure site work space is with housekeeping in perfect conditions;
- Assure that all exclusions zones and traffic management is correctly performed and accordingly with regulations;
- Assure all works are performed within customer quality requirements;
- Assure all works are performed within customer technical guidelines and procedures;
- Assure all crew members have a good behavior towards the public;
- Monitor crew activities and performance;
- Control and monitor Daily work sheets;
- Escalate problems with crew when needed;
- Report near misses and good catches;
- Report production by procedures stablished by company policies;
- Report and escalate to Site supervisor as needed;
- Manage the relationship with the client;
- Support all crews on site in resolving complex works;
- Escalate all doubts that appear during work activities related to Safety and procedures.
To be considered for the Underground Technician Level 3 position you will Ideally have the following:
- Proven work experience as an Underground Technician Level 3 or similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to work under pressure to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and maintain a driver’s license, and commercial license if applicable, in good standing.
- Knowledge of underground utility construction and your assigned geographic region.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary to perform a variety of work assignments
- Must have an understanding of the English language
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, etc)
- Commitment to health and safety
- Manual Handling and Safe Pass qualifications
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com