Design and Build of the 100% fiber broadband network for SIRO to serve Wexford town.
Full turnkey delivery of a Fiber-To-The-Building (FTTB) Network to guarantee coverage to the Wexford town on behalf of SIRO (Vodafone ESB JV).
Responsible for the full survey and design of the catchment area, Gaeltec designed and delivered an available network to over 7500 customers in Wexfrod.
The scope of works included:
- Project Management;
- Survey of existing ESB LV and MV infrastructures (underground and overhead);
- ESB overhead network structural analysis to adapt for fiber installation;
- FTTB network design according to SIRO guidelines;
- Civil works:
- Sub ducting of existing ESB underground network;
- Building of new underground ducting system and access chambers;
- Overhead fiber installation and coordination of outage processes with ESB;
- Underground fiber installation (blown and pulling methods);
- Network passive element installation and splicing;
- Fiber network testing (OTDR, ILM);
- GIS recording;
- Handover process.