Position: Safety Officer
Contract: Fixed Term, 12 months with review
Salary: DOE, paid Monthly
Gaeltec Utilities Ltd wishes to recruit a motivated and energetic professional wishing to expand their professional development and seek an exciting opportunity within a growing business operating in the Energy and Renewables Market. The successful candidate will enjoy benefits such as competitive salary, additional leave, enhanced maternity leave, cycle to work Scheme and on-site parking.
Overview of role:
The successful candidate will join an experienced international team of multi-discipline experts to deliver several contracts. Operating Nationwide, the successful candidate will be responsible for the H&S function on a number of important Utility projects and sites. The successful candidate will become a key member involved in numerous projects nationwide reporting directly to the Health & Safety Manager.
This role will include the following key activities:
The Safety Officer will be required to take ownership of safety related tasks, as assigned by the Safety Manager and Project Manager, and deliver on these tasks within agreed time frames.
- Ensure the management and coordination of safety throughout all phases of the Projects, from Engineering, to the Procurement and Construction phases.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Prepare necessary project reports
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.
- Develop and assist with compilation of Work Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Promote Safety Culture
- Attend Regular Progress Meetings with Clients
- Attend Supervisor Team Briefings – Promote a Safety Culture amongst the team
- Support and advise the Project Managers generally on health and safety matters as required
- Accident / Incident Investigations
- Site Inspections and Audits to monitor compliance with legislative, process and safety standard requirements
- Compile safety related data and reports as required by the company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A relevant third level Qualification in Health & Safety
- A minimum of 3 years proven construction/utilities site work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Full Drivers Licence
Please note that applications will be reviewed January 2024.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
Gaeltec Utilities are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse working environment.