Location: Ayrshire / South Caledonia.
Main Purpose of Job:
The primary role of a Lineman is to install, maintain and repair high-powered electrical lines and systems. A Lineman works on distribution lines that originate from a power plant and extend to individual buildings or homes.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To promote, develop and maintain a positive Companywide health, safety and environmental culture.
- Working as a Linesman on the OHL Electricity you will be responsible for day-to-day operational outputs.
- Reporting directly to your chargehand, you must be goal orientated, a team player and determined to succeed in all aspects of the OHL work.
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks, as instructed by your chargehand or by your Supervisor.
- Take part in team briefs and tool box talks.
- Adhere to the safety rules as set out by the Company and its Client.
- Have an ongoing determination to complete the work on time and to the specified requirements.
- You will be competent in the completing your dally tasks. paperwork required, (Permits) to control the network that you and all team members will be working on, at any given time.
- Read switching instructions and diagrams to allow you to isolate and earth the LV OHL Network.
- Team working skills
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proven track record of working on OHL works.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Linesman.
- Knowledge of OHL build and an in depth understanding of the Permit to work procedures.
- Current DNO authorisation for LV switching (WPD SPEN Preferred) Must be computer literate (Essential)
- CSCS or equivalent (Desirable)
To apply for a position with Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd, please apply directly by sending your CV to: email@example.com
Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you don’t see you don’t see a suitable job role advertised. Please send me your CV for consideration and brief description of what you’re looking for and we will respond.
Gaeltec Utilities UK Ltd, is a Licenced sponsor and can support Visa applications to work for our Company in the UK. If you are a Skilled Worker, have English language to a B1 level and would like to work in the UK please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org