Contract: Fixed term – 6 months
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities Ltd is looking to recruit a Site Manager to work on our SIRO project in Ireland.
The Site Manager maintains oversight and governance of the delivery programme through design and build. This role requires a strong Site Manager with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work to tight deadlines with a pragmatic approach! In return you become part of the team, building, and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
As a Site Manager your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of site operatives, subcontractors and site work to assure production results in line with project scope.
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Construction Phase plans, Site Quality plans and, Risk Assessments / Method Statements.
- Assure Health and Safety rules are followed by all workers complying with MESC’s, code of practice, method statements and HSA regulations.
- Ensure all Financial control and tracking for Monthly Production and Costs meeting the defined Goals and update the Project Manager
- Liaise with Management and wider project co-ordinators, design and build teams to schedule, keep track and report on project status.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Actively manage risks and issues and propose solutions to those that that will have an impact on delivery timelines or quality
- Undertake inspections in line with accepted quality control standards.
- Management/supervision of all associated project Temporary Works.
- Manage all site activities as well as all plant necessary.
- Stablish good communication channel between site and main offices.
- Plan, control and monitor site activities.
- Control and report staff performance.
- Control and report production.
- Perform and track Safety and quality audits.
- Assure that stock of materials is necessary to support all site activities.
- Report and escalate to project manager as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client.
- Attend site and customer meetings when needed.
- Escalate all doubts that appear during work activities related to Safety and procedures.
- Reduce all construction associated costs where applicable.
- Planning and programming of current and future works.
- Material Management.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- 2+ years site management level experience Leadership skills and ability work within a team.
- Experience in telecommunications complex projects preferably with infrastructure / construction deployments.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Detail oriented and delivery focused with ability to analyse data
- Strong communicator with proven ability to create and foster strong teams and build cross functional relationships.
- Excellent ambassador for Gaeltec, promoting the organisation and role modelling Gaeltec’s values.
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work within budget and to programme timescales
- IT literate, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
- Manual Handling
- Safe Pass
- Committed to Gaeltec Utilities Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead
- Strong personality and professional attitude
What we offer in return:
- A competitive yearly salary
- Company Vehicle
- Additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.