Location: All Ireland
Contract: fixed term
Overview of role:
Gaeltec Utilities Ltd is looking to recruit a Civil Site Supervisor (Level E) to work on our ESB National Grid contracts in Ireland. The role will support nationwide projects and will require frequent travel within the Ireland.
As a Civil Site Supervisor, you will be a part of our Civil Engineering team who deliver ESB networks and private generation company’s 38kV to 400kV projects. This involves refurbishing existing and building new substations including associated OHL works and HV cabling.
Gaeltec Utilities Ltd are proud to be a key contractor to ESB Networks and private generation company’s, delivering substation new builds, HV asset replacements, Bay refurbishment works, Protection upgrades/replacements across the Ireland. Our work includes Engineering design, project management, HV Procurement, HV cable installation, Overhead Line (OHL) works, civil construction, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
As a Civil Site Supervisor your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of site operatives, subcontractors and site work.
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Construction Phase plans, Site Quality plans and, Risk Assessments / Method Statements.
- Undertake inspections in line with accepted quality control standards.
- Management/supervision of all associated project Temporary Works.
- Review civil design for constructability & liaise with civil design department in regards to alternate design, installation methodologies, materials etc.
- Reduce all construction associated costs where applicable.
- Planning and programming of current and future works.
- Material Management.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Leadership skills and ability work within a team
- An extensive knowledge of construction methodologies within the Electricity Transmission industry
- Civil Construction experience
- Competency to work in Substations 38kV to 400kV inclusive
- Previously or current authorisation to Level E PICW with the ESBN or something similar
- Qualified to a suitable level in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work within budget and to programme timescales
- IT literate, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
- Manual Handling
- Safe Pass
- Committed to Gaeltec Utilities Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead
- Strong personality and professional attitude
Qualifications requried for Level E certifaction
The Level E is directly responsible for managing the civils crew that are on site undertaking civils work. This role may be required when a contractor is undertaking civil construction work in a live substation or a substation that is considered part of the system. Arrangements will be required to facilitate entry to the substation inner compound. The Level E shall be subject to assessment by ESB.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE , CPE or equivalent)
- FETAC Level 6 MSIC (Managing Safety in Construction) or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years experience as a civils construction crew team leader on construction projects
- Accumulted a minimum of 2 years experience over the previous 5 years in Live AIS substations and has been consistently working in Live AIS substations for the 3 month period preceeding the date of request for Approval.
Have worked in a Live AIS substation for the last 6 months with clear evidence by log book.
- Managing Safely in Construction
- CSCS LUGS
- CSCS Slinger / Signaller (Banksman)
- CSCS SLG Card
- Basic Road Opening & Reinstatement
- First Aid
What we offer in return:
- A competitive yearly salary
- Company Vehicle
- Progression Opportunities
- Additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply directly with CV to: HR@gaeltecutilities.com
For more information on the Gaeltec family, please visit our website www.gaeltecutilities.com
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.